PUBLICATIONS

Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Experience with Target Guest Relations

I wrote to Target's guest relations email address to inquire about their lack of wireless bras at the Brentwood store. I had the entire intimates department looking for me, and we found only one. I used to purchase all of my lingerie there--all wireless--so was confused by their selling cessation. I received this email in response to my inquiry:


From: guest.relations@target.com
Subject: RE: Looking for Merchandise at Target®


Dear Sarah,

From your experience, it sounds like you're having a difficult time trying to find the wireless bras at Target. To check our system for you, here's what I need:

- The 9-digit product (DPCI) number, which can be found on a price tag.
- The 12-digit barcode (UPC) from the item.

You can also call us at (800) 440-0680. For your call, please give a team member this reference number: *************. They'll do their best to find this item for you.

Thanks for writing. I look forward to helping you soon.

Sincerely,

Alex
Target Guest Relations



Because this email did not address my question, I sent Alex this email:

I don't have an issue with a particular item I've bought, I have an issue with you guys not carrying a very popular item.
I cannot look at any price tag or UPC code because I do not have any items with those on it. I bought some nice bras there a couple years ago, and don't keep price tags or codes on them because I rip them off so I can wear them.
I am only asking that you guys stock wireless bras in your stores.
Thank you.


And, like clockwork, his response to this was also very unrelated to my apparently complex issue:

Dear Sarah,

Thanks for your additional e-mail. We appreciate the time you've taken to let us know what you're looking for at Target. I'm sorry you weren't able to find wireless bras during your visit.

Hearing your feedback is very important because it helps us learn more about the merchandise you want and need from Target. Although I can't promise we'll carry these items, I'll let our Buying team know you'd like to see it at your Target store.

Thanks for letting us know how we can make your Target experience even better.

Sincerely,

Alex
Target Guest Relations

No comments: